Many people who may not even own pets know the value of animals in our lives. Today they are used in so many vital positions because of the incredibly positive results they can bring to the mental health and wellness of their human counterparts. The rewards of volunteering with animals is double because of this incredible combination of man and beast. Any crazy and overwhelming day in our lives can turn into a peaceful end by hugging a pet.
There are many loving pets in Kitty Connection’s many foster homes waiting to give back to all the volunteers who are willing to share time helping them find homes even once a week.
Available volunteer positions:
- Adoption Counselor
- Intake Volunteer
- Animal Transporter
- Medical Advocate
- Trauma Care Volunteer
- Hospice Volunteer
- Infirmary Care Volunteer
- Trap/Neuter/Return (TNR) Volunteer
- Foster Parent Volunteer
- Care and Cleaning Volunteer
- Office Volunteer
- Yard Sale Coordinator
Kitty Connection has many volunteer opportunities. If you’re interested in volunteering, please email us and attach the Volunteer Application. You can also visit our page on Volunteer Match to check out Volunteer Opportunities.
Care and Cleaning volunteers needed!
Want to help us keep the foster homes clean and the kitties happy?
Contact Kitty Connection for available positions.
Cat Foster Homes Needed
We need committed cat foster homes for pregnant cats, mothers with kittens, orphaned kittens, and adult cats. Training and all supplies provided. Fosters must make cats/kittens available for meet and greets and actively work with the organization to get their foster cats adopted. Please fill out a cat foster application with your preferences stated and send it to us. We are in great need of local foster homes for mother cats and kittens. Also, with kitten season holding up foster homes and all of the TNR we are doing, we could really use another foster home or two for adult cats. Thank you!
Dog Foster Homes Needed
We need committed and experienced dog foster homes for non pit bull breed dogs and pit bull mix dogs. Training and all supplies provided. Fosters must make dogs available for meet and greets and actively work with the organization to get their foster dogs adopted. Please fill out a dog foster application with your preferences stated and send it to us. We will keep your application on file until a dog that fits your description turns up in the rescue. Thank you!
Dog Walkers Needed
We need volunteers for dog walking. Must have dog walking experience as dogs vary from small to large, trained to untrained and needing walking correction as well as non-bully and bully breeds.
Help Needed with Trap/Neuter/Return
Kitty Connection has received grants from the MSPCA License Plate Grant and the Merrimack River Feline Rescue Society (MRFRS) to launch a new trap/neuter/return program. This grant will allow us to to trap, neuter, and return outside roaming cats in the cities of Medford and Everett.
We need volunteers to help with this Trap, Neuter and Return Program in several locations.
We are in the process of searching for two professional, committed and dedicated individuals to help coordinate this program:
Trap Neuter and Return Assistant Manager Position
Responsible for assisting the TNR manager with:
- Receiving and answering all calls and emails related to feral cats and/or stray cats who are not determined to be friendly.
- Coordinating the trapping at various locations and distribution of traps and materials for trapping.
- Setting up appointments with various vets and clinics that we use for daily Trap Neuter and Return along with coordinating transport volunteers for pick up and drop off of the cats.
- Assisting with volunteers for the care and preparation of trapped cats for the vet as well as recovery and arranging for the proper release of each cat back to its colony or area.
- Assisting with outreach for volunteers as well as educating on the importance of spaying and neutering and being responsible pet owners.
- Coordinating the distribution of articles and information to the networking team for newspaper and other social media for release.
- Maintaining proper records for all cats trapped.
- Coordinating appointments based on grant funds available.
- Working closely with the Trap Neuter and Return Monthly Free Clinics Manager.
Trap Neuter and Return Monthly Free Clinics Manager
- Communicating with the free monthly clinics to obtain slots each month and coordinating the drop off and pickup of cats going to these clinics.
- Working with TNR volunteers for the care of the cats when trapped and preparing trapped cats for drop off to clinics and return from surgery and until release.
- Maintaining a TNR record for all cats trapped.
- Working closely with the Trap Neuter and Return Manager.
Applicants must have the leadership ability to manage volunteers as well as strong organization skills to maintain proper records and coordinate the overall program. Position requires good telephone skills, good communication skills, willingness to care for animals and ability to work well with other people. Vehicle is necessary.